Wednesday, August 12, 2009

WIP Update - Finished 3 Quilt Tops

3 More Quilt Tops Waiting for Quilting

It's been a while since I posted. I've been really busy sewing. I finished 3 quilt tops in the past week. Now I have a lot of quilting work ahead of me on the longarm! I m hoping to complete a lot of my own quilts this summer but have been totally obsessed with piecing. It's been great to work on my own quilts in July and August. I think I've rediscovered my passion for quilting!

Whirligig Quilt Top
"Wild Thing" designed by Camille Roskelley
A large throw sized 62 x 78



Two favorite blocks



Second Old Red Barn Co. Quilt Along from Round 1
I used Paula Prass/ Flights of Fancy and Sandi Henderson/ Farmer's Market
A fairly large quilt measuring 72 x 84


Zig Zag Quilt From Round 2 of Old Red Barn Co. Quilt Along using stash fabrics that have been in my stash for many years. This one is a twin size quilt measuring 70 x 90. I just love how crisp and clean this one looks.



4 comments:

  1. awesome Marianne! they look fantastic. congrats on finishing them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love that Whirly Gig, the colors are fantastic! The Zig Zag quilt reminds me of those vintage ripple afghans, it's just great too. You're right, the contrast with the white makes for a clean and crisp appearance! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your quilts are AMAZING! I wish I had scooped up some of that Flights of Fancy. Too bad none of my local shops carry it. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all three of those quilts Marianne, but especially the Wild Thing! The blocks and both borders are perfect!!! How large are the blocks in that quilt? I may need to order that pattern.

    ReplyDelete