Sunday, August 2, 2009

Whirligig - Wild Thing

A while back I started this quilt. It's Wild Thing by Camille Roskelley of Simplify.


I had to square down each and every block. For some reason seeing this pile of trimmings makes me feel like I've accomplished something!

I had picked out 4 charm square packets from the clearance bin for $2 each and I was itching to try it as I had bought the pattern quite some time ago.


Above are my blocks yesterday, below are my blocks today.


Since I'm working on projects I've been wanting to do for a while, I thought now was as good a time as any. I ended up with 52 blocks, I only need 42 so I guess I'll be putting some on the back or making a smaller baby blanket.

Hopefully I can get all these projects wrapped up by the end of August.
Wish me luck and lots of devoted quilting time.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on Wild Thing - those blocks look very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. discovered your blog cause of your email to me! Enjoyed the whole thing, I read right back to the beginning!

    Definately a good idea to take the summer for your own projects -- I would get so tired of doing other peoples quilts!

    the Wild thing or Whirly Gig is a very old block design and it looks great everytime it is made into a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog from another blog, from another blog, etc. Wild Thing was my very first quilt, and I love it! Can't wait to see it finished. I think my next quilt will be easier...probably the ORB quilt-a-thon quilt.

    ReplyDelete