Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I Need Your Advice - Round 2 Nine-patch Quilt-along Progress

It's day 37 of round 2 of the 9 patch quilt-along over at Crazy Mom Quilts.


I jumped ahead a bit. I'm done all 70 blocks but I'll fall behind soon as it takes me forever to do sashing, for some reason, I dread doing sashing and I usually put it off.


I really need your help - I can't decide, should I sash this in white or in green? What would you do? Here is a picture of a few more of the blocks.


Please comment to let me know what you would do.

To visit the flckr group use the "round 2" button on my right sidebar.


10 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of white sashing. I think it looks fresh and clean and really makes the colors pop.

    Which ever color you chose, it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd probably go with green...

    ReplyDelete
  3. White would give more contract with those colors, but I think I'd choose green over white, though. If I wanted more contrast I'd choose a darker color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the ones with white but.. I think with all your center squares green.. the green would look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like white too but it is always good to stretch your imagination and go different ..... they always look good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the idea of white, it always makes the rest of the quilt *pop*. but craft-crazed has a good idea with the sashing matching the green centers. hmmm, i think i would still go with the white lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would definately go with the green...congrats on a speedy finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have trouble getting motivated for sashing too! I still haven't finished mine on my round one quilt! I think that you can't go wrong with either white or green. White is classic and makes the colours pop, but green is such a fresh change and will really tie together your centres. Can't wait to see what you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. White would be sensational it would bring it all together and alive. Best of luck. Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll have to agree with Lesley, white would really make the blocks pop! But what shade of green were you thinking of? That might me a nice choice too. Good luck deciding!

    ReplyDelete