Monday, July 27, 2009

WIP Old Red Barn Co. Quilt-along #2


My sister and I have been busy sewing up a storm. Actually, we have had several storms and a serious heat wave here in the lower mainland of British Columbia. I haven't been able to get motivated to clean or really do anything in this heat, but there is always energy for sewing.

As I mentioned in the previous post my sister and I are both sewing quilts inspired by the Old Red Barn Co. quilt-along flckr group. Last week we got together and sewed all the strip sets. Then this weekend we cut all the blocks and today decided on layout.

Diagonal view of my quilt layout

It's been great sewing with my sister, it's always fun working together.



My sister's quilt

My sister and I each had enough scraps from the ends of the strip sets to make coin quilts. Below is a picture of the 6 columns of coins I sewed together, so, 2 quilts for the price of one - almost!


3 comments:

  1. What are "coin quilts"? Never heard the term before. Is it something you make with the scraps from the current project?
    Louise

    ReplyDelete