Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Free Quilting for Quilting Barbie


A few weeks ago while reading the discussion board in the Old Red Barn Co. Quilt-along Flckr Group I got a little caught up in the excitement of it all and offered free quilting services to the first person from British Columbia or Washington State that emailled me. Within a few minutes I had 2 emails seconds apart.

1 row done


I was taken up on my offer by Quilting Barbie. She made a fabulous quilt using many fabrics from the Flights of Fancy Line by Paula Prass. It really is better to give than receive. I've enjoyed seeing and hearing her excitement about winning free quilting service. You can read her thoughts here and here.



I received the quilt last Tuesday. We decided to use a pink and brown variegated cotton thread and the pantograph we chose is Fantasia. It turned out great. I finished quilting on Monday and the quilt was back in the mail to her yesterday (Tuesday).


Quilting Barbie pieced an awesome back for her quilt using the scraps that were left over from her strip sets.



I really enjoyed quilting this quilt for Quilting Barbie and hope to meet her when she travels through my area sometime this summer!


Quilting friends are the best!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Marianne

    I sent you an email finally!! Interesting when I open up your blog under safari I cant access comments but I can under firefox - anyway I just wanted to say that the quilts are beautiful and I so enjoyed a glimpse into your studio.

    Happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so excited to see this in person! Thanks for getting it in the mail so quick. I loved the tour of your studio...so neat and organized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! i love how she pieced the back; i'm planning on doing the same with my extras

    i finally got all my strips sewn together last night(44 of them lol) so today it's some ironing and hopefully cutting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt and beautiful quilting!

    ReplyDelete