Sunday, October 11, 2009

Finish - Wild Thing Whirligig



Even though I hosted a Thanksgiving dinner last night for my husbands family I had a pretty productive week and I managed to sew the binding onto my whirligig quilt and also another which I will post about on a separate post.

I previously posted about this quilt WIP here and here.




This quilt turned out pretty well. My favorite part is actually the back of it, and the best part is I got to use a large amount of a fabric that has been in  my stash for a long time. When I was squaring down my blocks I trimmed a few too small, oops, so I did something a little special on the back!



I used Camille Roskelley's Wild Thing pattern for this quilt. The pattern was easy to follow. I used 4 Benartex Sampler charm packs for this quilt.



I quilted this quilt with Daisies and Loops pantograph by Sue Schmeiden. I used a rose variegated King Tut thread. I love the panto on this one.



This quilt finished at 62 x 78 inches; this is a great throw size for my family since we are all close to or over 6 feet tall! This quilt will reside on our green family room couch for now; my kids are already using it.

3 comments:

  1. I just love this quilt Marianne! It is actually on my to do list, just not sure yet what fabric. Love what you did with the Bernatex charm packs and the great floral border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it love it love it!!! and that border fabric is fantastic! it might be my favorite part of the whole quilt lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great... the fabrics were are perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete