Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Finish - ORBC Quilt Along Round 1 - Quilt 1

I finally finished the first quilt from the Old Red Barn Quilt Along. This one is done using Basic Grey's Urban Couture. I used the leftovers from the strip ends for a top and bottom border, which I really like but I have been wishing I had chosen the periwinkle blue for the binding. I think it would have been a bit more dramatic.

I previously posted about this quilt while it was WIP here.

 I love the way the quilting turned out though. I used a bronze Cucirini Tre Stelle thread for the Page Boy pantograph by Patricia Ritter. I just love all of the interlocking curls; I'll definitely use this pantograph again.
Instead of 1/2 yards, I had purchased 1/2 metres here in Canada; so, I had an extra 1 1/2 inch strip left over from each fabric. I decided to do some extra piecing for the back; I think it turned out fairly well!
Here are my 2 finished quilts from last week just hanging out together on my back railing. Whew, that looks like an awful lot of work, but I enjoy every minute of it.

PS I posted previously about the quilt on the right here.


  1. I love how your quilt along quilt turned out! That fabric is perfect for that pattern and the quilting is awesome.