Friday, September 25, 2009

Some Quilting and Some Crochet

It's been a long while since I posted here. Sometimes life gets in the way of quilting but I'm starting to catch up now. I've sure been missing my studio time.



Last night I did a bit of stash re-organization and I thought I'd show you my stash. This is about 1/2 of it I still have more set aside in my cabinet in my longarm room for planned projects.



I finally finished quilting a customers quilt. The quilt is pieced in soft florals and solids from Robyn Pandolph's "Sumptuous Living" fabric line. This quilt makes me feel calm when I look at it. I quilted it with Floral Meander, a pantograph design by Diff'rent Strokes.



Last Sunday my family and I just needed to get away from home so we went up to Whistler for the day so the boys could mountain bike. It was such a pleasantly warm fall day. My daughter and I did lots of walking but when we got tired we parked ourselves on a bench in the village and she read her book while I crocheted. I just love crocheting outdoors, especially in a gorgeous alpine setting. It was a first for me and it was truly wonderful.



This is the first time I have crocheted a granny square and it was so much fun. I used a wonderfully soft cashmerino yarn called Cash Vero made by Cascade Yarns. It is so incredibly soft I just want to smoosh my face in it - OK, OK - I know I need some serious help!

Here it is blocked and ready to finish!




I am going to sew this granny square onto some black wool felt and cover an 18 inch cushion form. This project is for our master bedroom, as I don't want it in the main part of the house where the kids and schnauzers will get to it.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful job on the quilting Marianne. Perfect panto for this quilt.
    Can I ask if you have bought your patterns from LongArm Supplies, can you link us on your pattern?

    ReplyDelete