Today, I finished the mini quilt I was working on for my DQS8 partner. It's labeled, packaged, and waiting to be mailed. I'm sorry, I can't tell you where it is going!
It turned out quite nice. I decided to go with minimal quilting as the stitching on the raw edge whirligigs was enough accent as it was. I just quilted some branches with leaves, a little stitching around the borders, and a vine on the outer border.
I used an awesome tutorial by Aneela of comfortstitching for the raw edge and machine embroidery technique as I had never done either.
Here is a photo of the back. I used dark brown thread for stitching around the feature on the print fabric and white for all the other quilting.
This is one of the most enjoyable projects I've worked on in quite a while! It's really hard to part with this one but I think my partner will like it!
You can click on any of the photos to view them larger. WIP post for this project can be found here.
Editted: This mini quilt arrived to it's new owner Marguerite of Adventures in Quilting and Sailing. Read her post about it here.