Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hoop Up! Swap - Initial Inspiration Piece



Here is the embroidery I drew and stitched up as my initial inspirational piece for the Hoop Up! Stitch & Send Swap

I'll be making a wallhanging with this piece and all of the finished pieces I receive. My theme is "In an Oriental Garden". I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

I also wanted to let you all know that Aneela from comfortstitching has created an awesome tutorial for the raw edge appliques doll quilt she gave away just before Christmas which you can look at here. I can't wait to give this a try. As soon as I find some time I'll be making one. Aneela also has designed some awesome fabrics and embroideries which she has for sale over on her etsy shop here.

1 comment:

  1. totally enjoying your embroidery -- I don't do it much so am passing on my bit of embroidery knowledge to a cousins daughter along with alot of my threads and some of my vintage iron on pattern sheets -- she is a great student... Oh and I also passed along your blog address...

    ReplyDelete